Saturday, March 21, 2009

WHAT'S BLACK,WHITE AND READ ALL OVER?

I've been thinking about reading lately, I've been wondering, in Canada, We are known for our writers. We got some great writers. but, okay here's the question . name the last African Canadian writer you read? Yeah. and every year when CBC does their Canada reads thing, boy, yeah. So you got a list of writers?

I'll wait. Okay the usual suspects

  • Austin Clarke
  • Cecil Foster
  • George Elliot Clarke
  • Dionne Brand
  • Nalo Hopkinson
  • Marlene Nourbese Philips
I remember "slammin tar", great book , Fantastic. but look over the list. can you name who wrote "Slammin Tar?" now we have a great many african american writers, lots of caribbean artists. But I want to hear about Canucks. We are specific beings. In a way I never thought about it, i just asumed, in the diaspora, we got some amazing writers, caribbean, French, south american. but where is Canadian talent. Send me a list outside of these

Nalo Hopkinson is a treat, she is one of the few Black science fiction writers i know, okay she says its speculative fiction. but not being a science fiction reader, i couldn't tell the difference. but man is it good! you gotta check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment