Friday, October 22, 2010

Art21


I said I would be sticking to black and Canadian artists, but I really have to give a big hail up to brothers and sisters in the states, I have been watching the Art 21, you should if you like art and Artist. There are some I so love! it's amazing, One thing I notice though, Black artist always, well 99% of them talk about their ethnicity, how it influences the work they produce, while white artists, So far I have not heard anyone of them mention their privilege. A lot of women artist talk about being women in a male dominated world. I find it fascinating, Not that one has to mention gender or race in the work, but i think who you are must have impact on what you create. but I think privilege is not knowing or not having to notice "others" or looking at the privilege one has. oh so Layah Ali
and the wonderful Mark Bradford. check them out.

image is by bryan james "silence before the flood" 48"x24" pastels and acrylic on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment